Thursday, December 13, 2007

Running in the Rain

This is the second of my "small childhood frustrations" - i think i already wrote about the first one long long ago - none of my classmates believed the schoolbus was doing 60 km per hour when we were passing the milestones (kilometerstones rather) about one a minute :)

this is another - not just childhood, but right through every rainy day of my life in kerala :)

i always thought i got less wet if i walked through the rain, rather than ran through it....but NOBODY believed me - ever...it was always "get out of there"..."run to the house"....the usual... i played in the rain a lot..but when it was about getting from here to there, i was NOT playing around....i just knew i got less wet walking that running....(i do admit i liked the fact that i could spend more time out in the rain)....

well - caught a mythbusters episode the other day, and they were testing just that - do you get more wet walking, or running? and what do you have? u get almost 2wice as much wet running than walking....

i rest my case....and thank you mythbusters....you will appreciate how much this means to me if you ever spend some time in my hometown :)

No comments: