Thursday, February 4, 2010

The rest of me.....

Looks like this is going to be my last "physical" music purchase. Not a change I am very happy about...I always loved stacking the albums...from the cassette days to the CD days, running through the stack and picking out a CD to play....maybe a random pick with eyes closed, maybe the farthest one, which usually is the one i haven't listened to in ages....

But the past two years, I have never played a CD i bought. Buy, Rip, Copy (to all the mp3 players around - with the players getting cheaper than a CD itself, this has been an ever growing list - one in car, one in office room, one in travel bag, one in bedroom, one attached to the home theater...the next planned in the loo....)

The little radio I listened to has already moved to podcast subscriptions on iTunes, so effectively an mp3 player takes care of that...and am very close to finishing my first full book completely read on the kindle app....

Are these mp3 players taking over whatever remains of me that Google has left ??

No comments: