Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Politics & Religion

1. Watching this amazing series on PBS - 'The Story of India'. There was a statement about how the king went to visit the Buddha and a generic comment 'in those times, the kings used to visit the religious leaders and not the other way around...it is still followed, the politicians visit the religious leaders' !!

2. Completely unrelated. Was watching a recording of one of The Dalai Lama's speeches in New York. He was talking about politicians visiting him. 'In India, during election time, all the candidates come visit me. They run against each other, all come and ask me to pray for their victory. What can I do? Only one of them can win! Here in the USA, during last presidential election, Obama visited me, Hillary Clinton visited me, John McCain visited me, not one asked me to pray for their victory!!'


No comments: